Collection of information
SkyLex Technologies collects information from you in two ways:
Information provided by you
Information provided by you through the transmission of correspondence by electronic mail and service application forms. Telephone conversations may be recorded to assist with quality service training purposes. Information provided by you is used by SkyLex Technologies to provide you with services efficiently.
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Educational and professional background;
- Comments, feedback and other information you submit to the Service; and
- Interests and communication preferences.
Information we collect
SkyLex Technologies collects information through the use of web based technologies such as cookies. The information is used only to improve the usability of this website;
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier ("UDID") and other technical identifiers;
- Dates and time stamps referencing and exit URLs, search terms you used and pages you visited or searched for.
We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with any specific individual, such as browser and device information, anonymous usage data and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
You can control cookies through your browser's settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login, or access certain parts of this website.
Use of Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Process and fulfill a transaction or order;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Provide, evaluate and improve the Service, its advertisements and promotional campaigns and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and individualized personalization of the Service to make it more relevant to your interests and needs;
- Notify you about changes or updates to the Service and our other products and services;
- Provide you with special offers and other information about the Service as well as other products, events and services of ours, our affiliates, and non-affiliated third parties;
- Invite you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and for data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as authors and other copyright holders and content distributors, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
How we discolse your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within SkyLex Technologies; and
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including but not limited to, editors, payment processors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers, mailing houses and shipping agents;
We also may share your personal information with our affiliates and with sponsors, joint venture partners and other non-affiliated third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee, application host or publisher, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices and communications preferences.
If you access the service through an institution-sponsored subscription, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the service may be shared with your institution for the purposes of usage analysis, subscription management and compliance, cost attribution and departmental budgeting.
Securing your information
We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures intended to safeguard your personal information.
Contact us for more information